Tool Cabinet, part 5 – Doors.

I got to work on this another couple hours on Friday.  To recap, here’s what I started with.

Photo Mar 07, 8 29 57 AM

The oak was resawn and the panels glued up with the butternut the day before.

Smoothing panel… 

Photo Mar 20, 4 49 21 PM
The beech for the sides was cut to size, mitered, and a groove was added for the panel to fit into…

Photo Mar 23, 10 10 32 AM

After some trimming of the panel, here it is dry fit, all together.  A little extra attention went to making sure the white line was down the center of each panel.
Photo Mar 23, 9 57 34 AM

 

I’ve since glued up the doors and done some final sanding and scraping. They pretty much look the same, so no need for a picture.

Advertisements


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s